Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Awesome Video Made From 5000 Still Photos!

Sorry that it's been a while since my last update. I've got some good stuff coming up, just give me some time! I do however want to feature a great video created by a colleague of mine, Dan Culberson. It's a really cool vid made from over 5000 still images! It also has an important and timely message with the holidays coming up.

While You May Be Busy from Dan Culberson on Vimeo.

If you can't see the movie, click here.

Was that awesome or what!!!

Here is how Dan Culberson made the video:

I photographed everything on Small Fine JPEG, high burst drive. That way I could fire off well over 100 continuous shots before it buffered. Also, it made editing later easier.

I basically just kept the camera close by during my shopping trip and fired off bursts of frames much like you would with a video camera.

Some people have asked--no one hassled me at all about shooting inside Superstore, but I sure got a lot of weird looks.

All totaled I took over 5000 individual frames and edited them down using Pinnacle's home video software. The actual frames render about 250% the speed they were shot at.

The soundtrack was purchased from premiumbeat.com.

For you Mac users, you could probably do this in iMovie. Just a suggestion on my part, if you wanted to try this, I'd pull out that original Canon Rebel or Nikon digital that is sitting in the closet. 5000 shutter clicks is a lot of wear on the shutter!

You can view more of Dan's great work at
http://www.danculberson.com
http://www.shoottheband.ca


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Noel,

Thank you for mentioning the name of our Royalty Free Music library for the music used in this really cool video.

We appreciate it and we've sent a link to the musician who created the arrangement.

Gilles Arbour
www.premiumbeat.com